|Axis & Allies ( 1998 ) ( Hasbro | MobyGames | Wikipedia )|
Axis and Allies World Club - Online Axis & Allies competition ladders and tournaments.
e-WarZone - The WarZone is a multiplayer gaming lobby for DirectPlay 7 or earlier games.
*** Getting Started with the Unoffical Fixpacks: ***
1. Install AA Starterpack v6.0 from AAWC or e-WarZone.
2. Install drawfix v3.82 from here or AAWC.
--- v3.82 may be buggered for some --- here is v3.82 sans resizable window
3. Multiplayer: Install the e-WarZone client.
--- If you're having trouble hosting, be sure to select the "Router Bypass" option.
*Message Board for help with, or the discussion of, the unoffical fixpacks at AAWC.
Also see AAWC's Instructional Videos.
Note: On Win8 use ddwrapper.
With these settings:
BltNoTearing = 1
DisableHighDpiScaling = 1
ForceBltNoTearing = 1
NoVideoMemory = 2
The Win8 performance problem only occurs if the back buffer is attached to the front buffer, but I've yet to go back and changed what the game does originally.
*** Feature List: ***
Blue Text marks drawfix features
Green Text marks AA Starterpack features*
( *this listing of Starterpack features may be incorrect or incomplete )
- Improved Compatibility:
- Various tweaks pertaining to DirectDraw
- Various tweaks pertaining to DirectPlay
- Fixed video hanging/jumping on systems with more than one processor
- Play without the CD
- More dice rolls per side - 255 (up from 164)
- Multiplayer: Dice stats "/luck"
- Multiplayer 1v1 Only: Better Dice Generator
- Multiplayer 1v1 Only: Security from Cheating
- Multiplayer: Tech Roll notification in the chat window ( 1v1 Only ?? )
- Saved Game Editor:
- Corruption Fixer - allow most corrupt saved games to be loaded.
- Edit cash-on-hand for each country
- Edit Tech for each country
- Change territorial IPC values.
- Change default controller of a territory. (not capitals)
- Change alliances. (still 3v2)
- Change liberated territory ownership rules.
- 2 Dice Heavy Bombers Option
- General Bug Fixes:
- Maximum number of units allowed on the board is now over 1000 (up from 300)
- Submarines in allied sea zones may now retreat from combat.
- Battleship Bombardment without enough other attacking units no longer causes the game to freeze
- Strategic Bombing will no longer occur again after saving and reloading the game.
- Multiplayer: "/fixup" anti-aircraft gun ownership
- Retreat system overhualed.
- Infantry units may paratroop more than once.
- Amphib assault w/naval conflict to empty territory freeze is fixed.
- Workaround: Allow an un-submerging sub to leave a hostile seazone.
- Combat involving 2-hit Battleships will now apply all hits before ending.
- Uncapped USA Industrial Complex Production - workaround for a bug.
- Drake Passage and S Central Atlantic should not connect to each other.
- E Central Pacific should not connect to the Peruvian Sea.
- North Central Atlantic should connect to the Labrador Sea.
- Prevents accidental skipping of in-progress weapon development
- Multiplayer: Unit stats are synchronized after loading a saved setup
- Un-placing an Industial Complex no longer leaves behind an "invisible IC"
- Attacker submarine retreats no longer cause a never-ending battle.
- Combat Movement Bug Fix:
- Allow unit moves to non-combat locations during the Combat Phase.
- (Avoid anti-aircraft flak, Establish retreat routes, or move carriers to show valid fighter ranges)
- It should not be used illegally to block naval retreats.
- Neutral Bug Fixes:
- Tanks can now blitz through captured neutrals
- Planes can now use their final movement point to land on a captured neutral
- Planes now capture neutrals by flying over them
- To prevent accidental buying, planes will now never automatically path over uncaptured neutrals
- A 3 IPC penalty is always applied when a neutral is first captured
- Neutral no longer captured by an amphib assault that was aborted.
- Chat Improvements:
- The chat log will no longer be erased when it is closed
- Enter “/ping” to see the internet lag time to all other players
- Enter “/stats” to see IPC’s and Production of all countries.
- Enter "/exit" if you’re stuck on the combat window and can’t quit the game.
- Partner Tells: Enter "." at the start of a line to send text to only your allies
- UI Improvments:
- AutoSave automatically before each battle and after each turn phase
- Toggle flag display on or off (Alt+F)
- Allow Alt+Tabbing ( use only when windowed )
- Windowed mode (alt+enter)
- Scroll the map with the Arrow-Keys
- MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 are bound to Ctrl+left-click
- Faster Transport Unloading & Movement
- Tinted the color of Combat Unit images to denote their nationalities
- Edit Mode Improvments:
- Allow unit placements on foreign capitals.
- Allow multipul Anti-Aircraft Guns in the same territory.
- Added a button to create 1-Hit Battleships.
- Move 1-Hit Battleships without healing them.
- Added the ability to minimize the edit menu.
- Fixed a bug that prevented unit selection after a new unit placement.
- Added a shortcut menu to help set up games for the Kremlin ruleset.
- AA Odds Grapher
- Program which gives detailed statistics on any battle.
A quickly made dice logger is also availible: aa_dicelog.zip